Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer (permanent)
Location: Evesham, UK
foster+freeman Ltd. are one of the foremost forensic science equipment suppliers in the world, exporting market leading products to government and private institutions in more than 140 countries. Our products are designed to perform detailed forensic investigations at scenes of crime and in the laboratory. foster+freeman continue to grow, driven by universal concerns over national and international security as well as the company’s ability to create innovative products.
We are an equal opportunities employer and offer excellent terms of employment with attractive remuneration and the chance to flourish in a high technology environment. As a modern forward looking company, we recognize that people are our main asset.
You will join a multi-skilled team of engineers where you will get to grips with a broad mix of technology and get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle from rough and ready prototypes to production machines.
What we are looking for:
Good all-round knowledge of Electronic Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
Electronics Degree Educated (2:1 minimum).
Proactive and innovative.
Ability to integrate with a multiskilled team (e.g. mechanics, firmware, software, physics, optics).
Capable of taking ownership of designs and leading technically when necessary.
You will be specifying, designing (schematic and board layout) and testing systems incorporating:
- Microcontrollers, CPLDs & FPGAs.
- Wide range of Analogue, Digital and Electromechanical components.
- Various sensors (e.g. temperature, image systems, pressure, position).
- User and communication Interfaces (e.g. USB3.1, Gigabit Ethernet, I2C, SPI).
- DC/DC power control.
- Motor and Temperature Control.
- Lighting control (e.g. Lasers, LEDs, flash lamps).
- Safety critical circuits.
Beneficial, but not essential, experience includes:
- Eagle CAD, Microchip PICs, ST ARM Microcontrollers.
- Experience of design for low to medium volume manufacturing.
- Firmware experience.
- Worldwide compliance (in particular EMC & Electrical Safety).
- Understanding of PCB manufacturing processes.
- Wireless technologies such as RFID, Bluetooth and Wifi.
The company provides competitive basic salaries and a benefits package that includes performance related bonus, working from home, pension, life assurance and relocation assistance where necessary.
37.5 Hours per week.
25 days holiday per year.
Apply for this role
no agencies please
Applications with full CVs should be sent via post or email to:
or use the form below: